Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day is not a day of rest for me. A card when I wake up and breakfast in the morning, then off to my mom's house to plant flowers.

In years past I've gone by myself. Shopping for flowers, veggies & dirt, weeding & setting them all in is a lot of work. Well, this year, my 8 year old decided he wanted to come. He wanted to spend the day with his mom, bless his heart. While I got to dig in the dirt, pull a splinter out of my finger, and feed my head cold with some of Grandma's homemade chicken & noodles...he got to play Grandma's Nintendo DS, show her games on Engineering.Com and slurp noodles through his toothy smile.

Partway through the day, my little guy mentioned to Grandma tha he was still waiting for his last birthday present, a guitar. My mom goes up to the attic, pulls out a student-sized acoustic guitar (that she bought years ago and hardly ever played)...Ta-Da!!! All in all, a very nice Mother's Day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment